Tuesday, September 13, 2011

on my mind...

-now that i'm a stay-at home-mom (for the time being), i need some music to listen to. thankfully i have a music genius of a friend, becca, who gave me some recommendations:

gemma hays
god is able by the hills campus in australia
10,000 reasons by matt redman
god i look to you by bethel live
the civil wars
lisa mitchel
kaleidescope heart by sara bareilles

i've got to get on this list and start purchasing some music!

-for many years i've heard of "the power of the praying wife". it sounded a bit old fashioned and "christiany" to me. until......now. i NEED that book. daily. let's be honest, marriage is way harder than i thought it would be (it's still wonderful, but i'm just sayin...). i can seriously say if i didn't have this book (and god), i don't know where derek and i would be. or where my mind would be. probably in a very bad place.

-my baby boy slept in his crib for a tiny nap today. that's a big deal, because up until now, he's been sleeping in all types of baby things (swings, his rock n' play sleeper, bouncy seats), and also our bed...oops. we'll try the crib tonight too! wish us luck!




-i'm a MESS when i take berkeley out and about. i HATE that his carseat has to face the back. i do realize it's the safest, but i don't care for the fact that i cannot see his face. derek bought me a mirror, but it's not the same. this is where god comes in, i don't have to stare at my child and will him to keep breathing. god takes care of that for me. chill, carrie beth.

-another thing, don't tell anyone, but i've started running again. yes, i picked it back up two weeks after giving birth. many people don't recommend this, but i read "running for women" kara goucher, who happens to be a professional runner, and she says that it's perfectly ok after a very normal, uneventful delivery (as in no c-sections, etc.) i've been DREAMING of running for months. and when i'm out there, i feel alive. i think thoughts like, i'm doing this, i'm really outside running again! i think the cars that drive by can probably see a huge grin plastered across my face. i've rediscovered the joy of running and it is fantastic! i think the break was good for me. and if i weren't running, how would i have caught this gorgeous sunset?



luckily i have a husband who will play with and take care of berkeley while i live my dream. thank you hubbins :)

"...running can be the highlight of your day, every day, and running for pure pleasure is the surest way to run well." kara goucher


so, these are just things that go through my mind throughout the day with just the two of us here.

i'm sure there will be more. i'll leave you with this....sigh.


1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS....I think that he is the cutest little thing in the whole wide world. WOW, you are making me baby hungry. LOVED Kara's book and I think it is AWESOME that you started running two weeks after, yay for new blog friends!

    ReplyDelete