Tuesday, September 20, 2011

fall to-do list

i am settling in to the roll of motherhood, and it feels good. i have fallen in love with the lullabies his mobile plays while he naps. i'm in love with the way he needs me in the middle of the night. i'm in love with the way his eyes can always find mine and derek's now. i love bathtime. it might be my favorite. i love making my coffee a little earlier than i used to because i've been up, well, all night. his eyes are bright when he's awake. his hands squeeze mine as he eats or falls asleep in my arms. his pacifier is in a constant sucking motion as he drifts off into dreamland. he hold his hands in front of his chest like he's making an important decision. he quiets when his daddy touches his nose to his. he thinks about smiling at me when i smile at him. it's coming, i can tell.

with that said, i have never been more excited to celebrate fall, now that we have a new addition to our little family.

i've made a list of fall activities for derek and me (and berkeley, but he's too tiny to actually partake in most of them), as i'm sure most of my friends have, because we're just like that. i'm actually a lover of summer, but fall comes in at a very close second. therefore:

-make these ribbon lights
-watch 'dan in real life' and 'you've got mail'
-make pumpkin muffins (check! we did this already, and hubby loved them. he had one for breakfast as a matter of fact)
-make a fort and hang out in it all night
-bake a pie for someone else
-make apple cider (check!)
-put together a puzzle
-bake a cobbler and have my parents over
-make a fall wreath
-take food to the bethlehem house
-go to the pumpkin patch
-decorate for christmas
-go on a starbucks date, just berkeley and me
-go on a starbucks date, just derek and me
-find a halloween costume for berkeley
-make derek's favorite s'more cookies
-make a 'thankful for' list

well, i better get busy. happy fall to everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment