Monday, June 1, 2015

I timed myself running a 5k for the first time yesterday since I ran a race in 2010 (before getting married and having kids!). I ran the 2010 race in 25:00 and yesterday my time was 25:38. Only 38 seconds over my pr! The reason I'm so thrilled about this is because I'll be turning THIRTY in August, and I've been training and thinking constantly about my health. I want to be an 80 year old who is still out taking walks and having fun with my family and friends! Not cooped up in my house unable to enjoy life. And I 100% believe it starts much earlier in life-making healthy decisions each day until they add up to a healthy, full life! Nothing anyone hasn't heard before, but I just thought I'd share! Oh, and I'm training for that same 5k again in July. The race is at night and ends with sprinklers and watermelon. 🍉 My goal for that race is 24 minutes. Derek is EXTREMELY supportive (he even drove the boys to two spots on my run yesterday to cheer me on), but he's a little doubtful that I can beat my time, which has me all...JUST WATCH ME! 💁


via Instagram http://ift.tt/1I2bZFw

No comments:

Post a Comment